Southport Plein Air Returns September 14-15!
Up Your Arts and the City of Southport are happy to announce the return of Plein Air to our beautiful town. In keeping with previous outdoor painting festivals, we can guarantee a picture-perfect experience with no end to the variety of delightful scenes just waiting to be captured on canvas. The festival will take place rain or shine September 14-15.
Southport Plein Air is open to all painters, regardless of age. It is a non-juried event, with merit and People’s Choice awards conferred by established local artists. Winners will be registered in the 2019 Southport Plein Air Festival free of charge. There is no limit on medium, quantity or size. Painters retain all proceeds from the sale of their work during the Wet Paint Sale.
Register on right-hand form or mail the registration form with a check for $30 to:
Southport, NC 28461
Registrations will be accepted after September 1 with payment of $40. All canvases to be entered in the Wet Paint Sale must be stamped at check-in/registration time. Welcome packets will include a map of Southport, with suggested painting spots and other points of interest, and discounts to local eateries. Pre-registrants will also receive lodging discounts. Commemorative T-shirts will be available for sale throughout the festival.
Friday, September 14 – Painting can begin anytime after check-in/registration
- Check-in/registration from 1-4pm at Brunswick Community College, 701 N. Lord Street (Includes a painting workshop and tours of the school’s classrooms, which facilitate a wide variety of creative and performing arts instruction)
- Opening reception from 4-6pm at Doc Meridian Winery, 305 N. Howe Street, in the heart of Southport’s walking gallery district – Includes beverages and appetizers, music and displays of work by artist judges; check-in/ registration continues
Saturday, September 15
- Information base from 8am-6pm at Keziah Memorial Park, W. Moore and Lord streets:
- Entertainment, food truck, and bathrooms available all day
- Check-in/registration from 8am-noon
- Kids’ Plein Air from 10am-2pm (art supplies provided)
- Wet Paint Sale from 4-6pm (artist setup starts at 3pm, closed to the public)
- Merit and People’s Choice awards announced at 4 pm